Using an appointment scheduler is a fantastic way to streamline your workflow and use your time more efficiently. Using an appointment scheduling service that integrates with your everyday calendar is the most important thing to consider when choosing an appointment scheduling tool. AppointmentThing syncs seamlessly with your Outlook calendar or Office 365 calendar to ensure that you never get double booked for appointments and also adds your booked appointments directly to your calendar so you always see your most up-to-date schedule.
Here are some of the top features:
- Connect and sync your Outlook calendar or Office 365 calendar with AppointmentThing to avoid scheduling conflicts and to add appointments automatically to your calendar
- Available times for appointments are automatically presented to your attendees based on your availability and some simple rules you can set
- Add a Zoom Meeting, Google Meet or GoToWebinar link automatically to all your calendar meeting details – simple, secure integrations that make attending your virtual meetings a breeze
- Send appointment reminders automatically to your attendees so everyone shows up on time
How to use an appointment scheduler for Outlook Calendar or Office 365 Calendar
- Create an AppointmentThing account
Go to AppointmentThing.com and click “Sign up”. There’s a free two-week trial of the Pro Plan available when you sign up (with no credit card required), and when that’s over, you can keep using the free plan forever.
- Connect your Outlook Calendar/Office 365 Calendar
Navigate to the connected calendars page in the left hand sidebar, and choose Outlook/Office 365 from the list of options. Follow the steps on screen to sign in to your Outlook account or your Office 365 account to connect and sync your calendar, so we can check your availability to be scheduled for appointments, and add appointments directly to your calendar.
- Set up your appointment types
Decide if you want to offer just one type of appointment (e.g. a 15-minute office hours slot, a 30 minute sales call, or a 1-hour consultation call) or if you want to offer multiple appointment types that your your customers can choose from (e.g. you could offer a choice of 15-minute, 30-minute or 1 hour appointments). You can also choose your normal working hours, or some other times you’re available to offer appointments.
- Share your link
Share your appointment page link everywhere people normally would reach out to contact you to schedule an appointment with you. We recommend adding it in as many places as possible to ensure that it’s always easy for someone to check your availability and schedule on the spot.
- Add it to your email signature: We’ve got a step-by-step guide to adding your booking link to your email signature for all the major email platforms. Simply click the drop down on your appointment types page and choose “Add it to my email signature”.
- Add it to your social media accounts: This is particularly useful if you sell your time or services online. Adding your booking page link to your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn bio is a great way to promote your services, and ensure that people can schedule with you as soon as they find you online.
- Add it to your website: You can choose to simply add a link or button that opens your booking page on a new page, or you can embed a full booking calendar right on the page. This is a great way to ensure that your contacts never need to leave your website to schedule a meeting with you!
- Share it directly: You can also simply share your appointment booking link directly with people when they reach out either over text or email. You can choose the appointment type that best suits their needs and let them pick a time that works best for them. No more back-and-forth emails!
- You’re ready to go!
Your appointment scheduling app is now set up and your users can start independently scheduling appointments with you!
Why you should choose AppointmentThing as your appointment scheduling tool?
AppointmentThing is the best scheduling assistant to book appointments on the market, that offers great functionality combined with a beautiful and intuitively designed bookings app. Using an appointment scheduler that syncs with your calendar is the simplest and most effective way to reduce wasted time setting up meetings or calls throughout the day. It also makes it easy to join your virtual meetings by adding the meeting link automatically to the event details in your calendar, whether you are joining on a desktop or a mobile device.
If you use a calendar service other than Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Office 365, then don’t worry, we’ve still got you covered. AppointmentThing also integrates with Google Calendar and Apple Calendar so you can connect your calendar, no matter what calendar app or service you use.