This guide explains how to connect your calendars to AppointmentThing. AppointmentThing can easily connect with your Apple, Google, Outlook.com and Office 365 calendars to automatically check when you are available and help you connect with your contacts, clients and customers. You're able to connect up to two calendar accounts with a Premium plan, and up to 6 calendar accounts with a Pro plan.
Connecting your calendar accounts will also allow AppointmentThing to add your appointments to a calendar and make sure you're never double-booked. To begin, follow the steps below.
If you're already on the Connected Calendars Page, ignore steps 1 through 3 and start at step 4 belowface
- To connect a calendar account
- Log in to your account on AppointmentThing.com
- Click 'My appointments' at the top of the home page
- Click the 'Connected Calendars' link in the menu on the left side of the page to navigate to the Connected Calendars Page. From this page you can connect to your calendar accounts and manage your existing connections
- If this is your first time to connect a calendar account, you will see the Connect Calendar page (see image below). If you already have a calendar account connected, click on the white "+ Add another calendar" button to get to this page.
To connect your calendar account, click the blue 'Continue' button to the right of the type of calendar account you wish to connect, as shown in the image above
- Depending on the type of calendar account you chose to connect, you'll either be taken to a "Google Connect", "Microsoft Connect" or "Apple (iCloud) Connect" page. Follow the guides provided on these pages to finish connecting your calendar account
When your calendar account has been successfully connected to AppointmentThing, a box will appear on the Connected Calendars Page containing the details of your calendar account connection. The image below shows an example of what a connected Google Calendar account will look like on this page.
- To connect additional calendars accounts
To connect additional calendar accounts after you have connected your first calendar account, click on the white '+ Add another calendar' button on your Connected Calendars Page as shown in the image above, then follow the same steps as before.
- To disconnect a calendar account
To disconnect a calendar account you've connected to your AppointmentThing account, follow these steps:
- Click the red 'Disconnect' link next to the calendar account you wish to disconnect (see image above).
- Click the blue 'OK' button on the pop-up that appears to disconnect the calendar account
- To turn your calendar account off or on
To turn a calendar account you've connect to your AppointmentThing account off or on, click on the toggle next to the calendar account (see image above).
Turning your calendar account off will mean that:
- The calendars associated with that account will not be checked for conflicts
- Your appointments will not be added to that calendar
- Even though this calendar account is turned off, it is still connected to your AppointmentThing account. To discconnect the calendar account completely, use the red 'Disconnect' button.
- Checking your calendars for conflicts
Within a calendar platform, you can often have multiple different calendars connected to a single calendar account. For instance in Google Calendar, the various calendars connected with your Google account are listed on the left side of the calendar, as shown in the image below.
When you connect a calendar account to AppointmentThing, you can choose which of the calendars associated with that account are checked for conflicts when AppointmentThing is determining your availability.
To choose which calendars to check for conflicts:
The purple 'Primary' label indicates that this is the primary calendar associated with that calendar account and doesn't have an impact on the functionality of AppointmentThing.
- Navigate to the red 'Check for conflicts' section.
- Select all the calendars you wish to check for conflicts by ticking the box next to that calendar.
There is no limit to the amount of calendars you can check for conflicts within a calendar account. So you can choose to check all, none, or any number of your calendars for conflicts.face
- Adding your appointments to a calendar
When your contacts schedule appointments with you, you can choose to have AppointmentThing automatically add your appointment to a specific calendar, or to not add your appointments to a calendar.
To choose which of your calendars your appointments will be added to:
Appointments can only be added to one calendar to prevent duplicate events being added to your guests' calendars.
- Navigate to the green 'Add to Calendar' section
- Select the calendar you wish to add your appointments to.
New appointments will be added to the selected calendar only.
- If you choose to "Opt out" of having appointments added to your calendar, your appointments will not be added to any of your calendars. These appointments will still be visible in the "Scheduled Appointments" section of AppointmentThing.
If you turn off or disconnect the current "Add to calendar" calendar account, the "Opt out" option will be automatically selected. To add your appointments to another calendar, follow the steps above.face